Launched in September 2012, the Network has attracted over 300 members from settings as diverse as arts organisations to community nurseries, as well as freelance music practitioners and Head Teachers. Regional Early Years Music networking events allow members to meet peers and experienced EY music practitioners, share practice with each other and pick up new tools, resources, songs and games to use in their own settings. See below for upcoming networking dates.
This network is open to all those working with children aged 0 to 5, including music practitioners, workshop leaders, playgroup leaders, children’s centre managers and staff, childminders, and students.
Basic membership is free, and members in this tier receive:
• Quarterly e-bulletins featuring the latest policy updates, research and sector news
• Invitations to Early Years Music CPD and Networking events in North Yorkshire, ensuring they’re the first to hear about training opportunities nearby.
For a small annual charge of only £10 for an individual freelancer or £25 per setting (up to three named staff), full members receive e-bulletins and event invitations, PLUS:
• Free networking events*
• Discounts on NYMAZ conferences and training*
• Free webinars
• Access to online resources in the NYMAZ website Members’ Area
• Free copy of the NYMAZ Early Years Songbook: Songs for Modern Childhoods
• Free 3-week hire of resource kits*
• Free one-to-one advice in own setting (limited number)*
• Free opportunity to observe another practitioner delivering a music activity (limited number)*
*Within North Yorkshire county area.
Join the Network.
Diary dates coming soon!
Resources for Full Network members includes a free copy of the NYMAZ Early Years Songbook: Songs for Modern Childhoods, our online song bank, full of song ideas suitable for early years children; and a resources library, with kits available for members to borrow for up to three weeks at a time.
The Network also offers tailored advice and support for members, which include session observation and supportive feedback from an experienced Early Years music practitioner.
Get the Songbook and CD!
NYMAZ Early Years Songbook: Songs for Modern Childhoods is available:
- Free of charge to full members of the NYMAZ Early Years Music Network
- Or for non-members, £5 (plus £4 P&P), direct from NYMAZ. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to order!
- Songbooks will be on sale at NYMAZ Early Years Music Network CPD events for £5.
As well as being able to hear the beautiful voices of children and parents from various Early Years settings in North Yorkshire using the CD, chord symbols and piano accompaniment are also included, in some places, for those who wish to play along. Our songwriters have provided suggestions for how to engage children in the songs, such as accompanying actions and musical interpretations.
If you’re not already a member of the network, join today to be kept up to date with future events!
Membership will expire on 31 August of the current academic year, or the following year for those joining after 1 June. Payment is by cheque payable to NYMAZ, or direct bank transfer.
Below are the visual minutes created during the NYMAZ Early Years Music Network Conference 2016.