NYMAZ is delighted to once again be offering a bursary for Early Years Music Network members and NYCC Music Service staff who wish to undertake the Level 4 Certificate for Music Educators (CME): Early Childhood!.
Only four bursaries are available for candidates starting the course in September 2019.
The CME: Early Childhood offers a flexible, part-time, distance-learning qualification in early childhood music, run by CREC and MERYC. The CME is a recognised National Qualification validated by Trinity College London.
Members of the NYMAZ Early Years Music Network working in North Yorkshire, and NYCC Music Service staff, can now apply for one of the new bursaries, which cover the full costs of the CME: Early Childhood course! This is a fantastic opportunity for practitioners hoping to improve their skills and knowledge in early childhood music education.
To apply for a bursary, download the application form below and return it to email@example.com no later than Friday 5 July 2019.
To apply, you must:
• be a full member of the NYMAZ Early Years Music Network*, or an NYCC Music Service staff member;
• currently be working in North Yorkshire;
• commit to completing the course. If a bursary recipient commences but does not complete the course, the candidate will be required to pay the full course fee.
• Music education practice across the birth to five age phase in a wide range of settings and situations.
• How to select materials, resources and activities; how to plan and manage different types of sessions, with different age groups, with or without their parents/carers.
• Theory on how children develop musically and different models of pedagogy; more traditional ‘methods’ (e.g. Kodály, Dalcroze) and more contemporary approaches (e.g. Reggio Emilia).
• Curriculum models, forms of assessment and how to ensure progression. Essential statutory and safeguarding issues will be included.
The CME: Early Childhood does not promote one particular approach but will encourage you to develop your own style of practice.
More information about the CME: Early Childhood is available on the CREC website.
For more information about the NYMAZ bursary contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Find out about joining the NYMAZ Early Years Music Network.