Thursday 9 May 2019
Join inspirational trainer Steve Grocott for a two-hour practical training workshop for teachers, early years practitioners and anyone who works with 3-6 year olds who wants to include music in their day. The workshop is aimed at non-specialists in music, but would also be useful for specialists hoping to expand their repertoire and refresh their knowledge.
The same workshop will be running twice, so you can choose from two different times on the same day:
1.30 – 3.30pm
4.30 – 6.30pm
Book a place here: nymazcpd9may.eventbrite.co.uk
Why should you attend this workshop?
- Boost your ability and confidence in your musical activities
- Build a better repertoire of songs and musical skills
- Take away a CD/booklet for your setting
- Learn how music can be used to help achieve all the EYFS learning outcomes
- Remind yourself how much fun can be had with music!
What will the workshop cover?
During the workshop, Steve will introduce a new set of tried and tested songs aimed at ages 3-6. You’ll also receive a CD/booklet containing songs and rhymes to take back to your setting.
During the course of the session, Steve will also provide:
- Information on how to use the songs to develop children’s social skills
- Ways of extending music making with the songs and games you already know
- Insights into the links between early music making and the aquisition of language and maths, backed up by research
- How to use instruments in your music session; simple ideas for what to do with instruments that will make a big difference to your sessions
- Ideas for adapting the musical activities according to the age of the children and the circumstances
This two-hour workshop costs just £20 / £15* including a CD and booklet of songs and rhymes to take away
*£15 for Full members of the NYMAZ Early Years Music Network. For more information about joining the network see the NYMAZ website: https://www.nymaz.org.uk/for-professionals/earlyyears
A limited number of £5 student tickets are available. Student ID must be presented on the day.
Please book by Tuesday 7 May to secure your place.
The NYMAZ Early Years Music Network is part of the NYMAZ ‘Play It Loud’ programme for North Yorkshire, funded by Youth Music. NYMAZ is part of the Alliance for a Musically Inclusive England. The work has been made possible by funding from the National Lottery via Arts Council England.