NYMAZ is a youth music development charity which champions the transformative potential of music for children and young people. We know that music has the power to change lives – it can raise aspirations, enable personal and social development, and enhance career prospects. Working with our trusted partners, we deliver high quality music-making activities to those in challenging circumstances, including rural isolation. We are also committed to strengthening the sector through workforce development, building strategic partnerships and advocating for the benefits of participatory music.
NYMAZ is seeking an evaluation consultant (or team) to work with us and our partners to help us to capture the learning from our 4 Connect: Resound New Contexts Action Research Projects. The projects will trial our tried and tested approach to delivering instrumental lessons and other music activities online in new contexts, where we and our partners feel that remote learning may be valuable in increasing access to and encouraging participation in music education.
For full information and details please download the full file available below.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Clear concise report writing that will engage stakeholders
• Knowledge of the current music education sector, particularly in relation to Music Education Hubs, Musical Inclusion and Technology.
• Experience of evaluating projects in the cultural education sector
• Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the project
• Experience of managing and delivering evaluation projects to an agreed budget and schedule
£8,000 inclusive of VAT and expenses
Proposals should be submitted by 12 noon, Wednesday 28th February 2018
Phone/Skype interviews: Thursday 8th March 2018
Consultant Appointed: Wednesday 14th March 2018
Please include within your proposal:
• Name of organisation and/or individual consultant(s) making application
• Contact name and details for all correspondence, including address, email and telephone
• CV for each consultant to be involved
• Roles of each consultant if a partnership or team is applying for the tender
• Contact details for 2 referees,
• Up to two examples of previous evaluation reports you have written (these can be included as links if the reports are available on-line)
• A brief proposal outlining how you would approach the work, including methods and costings, and a brief summary of your skills, suitability and experience.
• Please send your submission to email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday 28th February. Please include New Contexts Evaluation in the subject header.